Deanna’s Voice Breaking Barriers Scholarship
Education is one tool that uplifts individuals out of personal circumstances and levels the playing field, offering a plethora of opportunities for those who otherwise had none. The purpose of this scholarship is to assist direct and indirect survivors of intimate partner abuse in pursuing their educational goals. In offering this scholarship, we hope to continue to help survivors and their children break cyclical, psychological and physical barriers to their recovery and their ascension.
This scholarship is not only for women or individuals who have personally experienced intimate partner abuse. We believe it is important to form a coalition of survivors and supporters in order to eradicate domestic violence. As such, we invite those who have never personally experienced domestic violence, but have a desire to see it destroyed to also apply.
- Scholars will be awarded a scholarship for $1,000/ea based on the strength of their whole application, including essay.
- Attend an accredited program as a full/part time student at any of the following in Fall 2017:
- Public College/University
- Private College/University
- Technical/Vocational Schools
- State/City Sponsored Community Colleges
- Can be a graduating senior or already enrolled in an accredited program;
- Students enrolled in graduate programs must tell how their thesis is related to intimate partner abuse;
- Must plan to use education or career to assist survivors of domestic violence; and
- Must show financial need.
Tell us about your experience with domestic violence, and what you plan to do or have already done to combat intimate partner abuse.
- Essay Requirements
- 4 – 10 double-spaced pages
- 12 pt. font
- Times New Roman
All entries must be submitted by March 1, 2017. Only applications submitted electronically will be accepted and any incomplete applications will be disqualified.
*The scholarship funds will be sent to the institution once enrollment verification is received.